What is CPRS?
CPRS is an acronym that stands for Computerized Patient Record System.
The CPRS program is actually a separate Microsoft Windows executable. Before version 26, it was only a program named CPRSChart.exe that could be anywhere on your system. Since CPRS usually needs to know how to contact the VistA server, most people use a shortcut to start it. After version 26, a separate DLL is also required named "BORLNDMM.DLL" which handles some memory management for CPRS.
There is also information is available at the CPRS Overview page on this wiki.
CPRS organizes and presents all relevant data on a patient in a way that directly supports clinical decision-making. The comprehensive cover sheet displays timely, patient-centric information, including active problems, allergies, current medications, recent laboratory results, vital signs, hospitalization, and outpatient clinic history. This information is displayed immediately when a patient is selected, and provides an accurate overview of the patient’s current status before clinical interventions are ordered. CPRS capabilities include:
- A Real-Time Order Checking System that alerts clinicians during the ordering session that a possible problem could exist if the order is processed;
- A Notification System that immediately alerts clinicians about clinically significant events;
- A Patient Posting System, displayed on every CPRS screen, that alerts clinicians to issues related specifically to the patient, including crisis notes, warning, adverse reactions, and advance directives;
- The Clinical Reminder System, which allows caregivers to track and improve preventive health care for patients and ensure timely clinical interventions are initiated; and
- Remote Data View functionality that allows clinicians to view a patient’s medical history from other VA facilities to ensure the clinician has access to all clinically relevant data available at VA facilities.
- Computerized Patient Record System. A comprehensive VistA program, which allows clinicians and others to enter and view orders, Progress Notes and Discharge Summaries (through a link with TIU), Problem List, view results, reports (including health summaries), etc.
Source: Clinical Procedures V. 1.0 User Manual
Source: Clinical Case Registries V. 1.0 User Manual
- Computerized Patient Record System, the VistA package (in both GUI and character-based formats) that provides access to most components of the patient chart.
Source: CPRS Read-Only User Guide
- Computerized Patient Record System is an umbrella term used to refer to clinical packages accessed by health care providers, to include Adverse Reaction Tracking System, Clinical Reminders, Consults/Request Tracking, Health Summary, Order Entry/Results Reporting, Problem List, and Text Integration Utility.
Source: Problem List V. 2.0 Technical Manual
- Computerized Patient Record System. A comprehensive VISTA program, which allows clinicians and others to enter and view orders, Progress Notes and Discharge Summaries (through a link with TIU), Problem List, view results, reports (including health summaries), etc.
Source: Text Integration Utilities V. 1.0 Clinical Coordinator & User Manual
- Computerized Patient Record System. A front-end program that attempts to provide all VistA functionality in a Windows interface. Currently CPRS is being re-written to work in any windowing system that supports a web browser. This will allow users to access VistA from UNIX and Macintosh based systems. The target date for release of this advanced system is third quarter 2005.
Source: Group Notes/Encounter Collection User Manual
- Computerized Patient Record System is a VistA software Application that facilitates the entry, review, and modification of patient-related information, as well as a means of ordering services such as lab tests.
Source: Laboratory V. 5.2 Patch LR*5.2*259 AP Electronic Signature User Manual
- Comments Section of the Computer Patient Record System
Source: Laboratory Point of Care Interface Installation and User Guide V. 5.2
- Computer Patient Record System
Source: MHA 2 Patch YS*5.01*76 User Manual
Source: Nursing V. 4.0 User Manual
Source: Nutrition and Food Service Outpatient Meals User Manual v.5.5
- Computerized Patient Record System, a clinical Record system which integrates many VISTA packages to provide a common entry and data retrieval point for clinicians and other hospital personnel.
Source: Patient Care Encounter V. 1.0 User Manual
- Computerized Patient Record System. A VISTA software Application that allows users to enter patient orders into different software packages from a single Application. All pending orders that appear in the Unit Dose and IV packages are initially entered through the CPRS package. Clinicians, managers, quality assurance staff, and researchers use this integrated Record system.
Source: BCMA V. 3.0 GUI User Manual
Category:Pharm: Bar Code Medication Administration (BCMA)]]
Source: Pharmacy Benefits Management V. 4.0 User Manual
- A VISTA computer software package called [Computerized Patient Record System~|Computerized Patient Record System]]. CPRS is an Application in VISTA that allows the user to enter all necessary orders for a patient in different packages from a single Application.
Source: Pharmacy Data Management V. 1.0 Technical Manual/Security Guide
- A VistA computer software package called Computerized Patient Record Systems. CPRS is an Application in VistA that allows the user to enter all necessary orders for a patient in different packages from a single Application. All pending orders that appear in the Unit Dose and IV modules are initially entered through the CPRS package.
Source: Inpatient Medications V. 5.0 Nurse’s User Manual
- Computerized Patient Record System. CPRS is a Graphical User Interface (GUI) in VistA that provides order entry and results reporting for multiple packages.
Source: Outpatient Pharmacy V. 7.0 Technical Manual/Security Guide
|This is a Glossary term from the VistA Documentation Library|