Lab Brief Setup
This is a bird's eye view of how to set-up lab in VISTA. For all I know, it may be wrong, as I have never done the lab set-up before.
Before you start
- Keys needed: LRLIASON, LRLAB, LRVERIFY, LRSUPER, LRMICRO
File 69.9 - Laboratory Site
One Entry via Fileman; Important Fields:
- Hospital location containing OOS
- Time Order Stamps
- Which Printers to Use
File 68 - Accession Areas
Entries via Fileman; Important Fields:
- Subscript to use for each accession area
- Accession Transform
- Barcode Algorithm (39 or 128)
File 60 - Adding Lab Tests
- Add Data Names for each single test: via Menu Option: LRMENU > Supervisor > Lab Liason > DATA
- Add Lab Test via Fileman; Important Notes
- Type: BOTH = Input and Output. ie, can be ordered and resulted. Input only: Can be ordered (e.g. Panel). Output only: Can be resulted only. Neither: Can neither be ordered nor resulted. Use to inactivate tests. If test is old but has results, need to change it to just Output; otherwise, results will disappear from the CPRS screen.
- A lab test can be single or a panel ("cosmic").
- Panels, Micro tests, Anatomic Pathology tests don't get data names
- Single tests needs unique data names
- All tests need unique print name
- Unique Accession #: Collect in different tubes
- Lab Collection Sample or Collection Sample (2 different fields): Default Sample for MD to order; if not filled in, MD has to pick.
- Required Test: Hold Accession # after rollover if test is not resulted.
- Site/Specimen: Can only be filled if Data Name is filled.
- Lab Test multiple: if panel, must fill with tests.
- General Ward Instructions: Message to display to MD when ordering
- Combine test during order: Give same or different order numbers if multiple tests are ordered from CPRS
File 68.2 - Workload List
- Like accession area (it points to it) but you select the lab tests that will be done by instruments. E.g. If HZZ machine does the CBC, you would make a hematology worklist.
Using the Lab Package
The main menu is LRMENU; to accession a test ordered by OE/RR, using LR IN (Accessioning Menu); to result a test, use LR DO! (Process data in lab menu). Micro is done via LRMI (Micro menu).