VistA Configuration Utility
The Astronaut VistA server package comes pre-populated with sample users, patients, and settings. You can add additional users and patients and change settings using the VistA Config utility. (Make sure the PuTTY SSH tunnel is open before using it.) Here is a YouTube video that is a good introduction to this utility.
- Windows menu -> All Programs -> Astronaut -> VistA Config
- Add a new physician user:
- VistA Config -> Users -> Active Users -> DOCTOR,TWO -> Clone User
this will create a new user in the Inactive Users section named TEMP,MUST-EDIT. Click on the user to edit it:
- VistA Config -> Users -> Inactive Users -> TEMP,MUST-EDIT
Edit the fields. For example:
- NAME: SCHWEITZER,ALBERT
- INITIAL: AS
- ACCESS CODE: ASCHWEITZER
- VERIFY CODE: ASVERIFYCODE
- DISUSER: NO
- ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE CODE: ASSIGCODE
- PRIMARY MENU OPTION: DGZ REGISTRATION MENU
- The field DISUSER: stands for disabled user. When it is set to YES, the user remains in the Inactive Users section (i.e. disabled). When it is set to NO, the user is moved to the Active Users section (i.e. enabled). When all the fields have been set as desired, click Apply.
Now this user can log in using CPRS (or other utility), with the Access Code and Verify code that has been assigned.