Weekly Conference Call Jan 12 2007
VistA Community Weekly Conference Call - Fri 12-Jan-2007
- Topic: " VistA Community Meeting -- Rehash part 1" General Discussion
- Organizer / Moderator: Mr. Maury Pepper
Weekly Conference Call Details
The VistA Community is sponsored by Hewlett-Packard, (for which we give thanks).
- Date: Friday, January 12, 2007
- Start Time: Fri 6:00 AM HST / 8:00am PST / 12:00pm CET / 11:00pm EST / 4:00 PM GMT/UTC
- ref: World Clock
- Expected Call Duration: 1.0 hours
- Dial-in Number:
- from a telephone (US): 866-483-4159 (toll free)
- from a phone (Outside USA): 706-634-0093
- callers from other countries are welcome to call in.
- Conference ID Number: 5722758
- Department (if asked): VISTA
- Please review our Virtual Session Tips and Ground Rules - see: Virtual Speaker Tips
- please use Conference Call Etiquette when participating in the call, especially during the Question and Answer time.
- When you attend the call, kindly mention your name, affiliation and job if you aren't already a member of the VistA Community. This helps us include your name in our call summaries on the wiki, on a page similar to this one.
- This conference call, like all other VistA Community events, is open to the public. Information relating to conference calls in general are on the wiki page: http://www.vistapedia.org/~forum/index.php?title=Weekly_Conference_Calls
- this session is shared on this wiki page: http://www.vistapedia.org/~forum/index.php?title=Weekly_Conference_Call_Jan_12_2007
- Please note the call is currently not recorded.
Questions We Intend to Discuss Today
- A review of what transpired at the VistA Community Meeting
- Followup on actions planned at the meeting.
Agenda & Proceedings
- Session Format: this is be a virtual session conducted over an augmented conference call
- 1. Opening with a self-introduction of participants (5~10 minutes total) - we'll skip this if we have more than 20 participants
- 2. Topic introduction by the one of the co-organizers (~5 minutes)
- 3. Open Q&A and general discussion by all participants (40~50 minutes)
- 4. Summary / Conclusion / Follow-up (organizer/moderator) ~5 minutes
- Additional Resources:
Questions, Answers & Discourse:
The VistA Community meeting at NIST in Gaithersburg, MD, was held Jan 9-11, 2007. We had varied agenda covering many areas of interest to the VistA Community. Topics at the meeting included:
- VistA Office EHR details, and vendors support
- WorldVistA membership structure with proposed benefits and responsibilities
- New Chief of Technology (David Whitten) and plans for projects in 2007
- More active support of this Wiki as a way of documenting
- Members Pages on WorldVistA.ORG website
- allow usage of Zope/Plone site
- Planned Education Seminars in 2007
- Planned Technical Meetings in 2007
- Spring meeting in Atlanta Georgia
- Summer meeting
- Fall meeting
- Winter meeting
- Session ended 2007.01.12 @ 1:10 pm EST