Cambridge / Intracare Implementation Log
The traditional method for implementing a new VistA instance has been likened to an old-fashioned barn-raising: at the appointed time the holders of "institutional memory" would gather and put the thing together. There was no written blueprint, yet at the end of the day there would be a solid, usable structure in place.
The ultimate goal of this is not just a new VistA instance, but also a blueprint for how to do it.
Note that this page is a work in progress; see Hardhats  for logs that do not appear here.
- 1 Episode 1 The Layer Cake
- 2 Episode 2 Multiple Sign-ons
- 3 Episode 3 IPv4 vs. IPv6
- 4 [[Episode4| Episode 4 Billing/Management Keane Records integration/population]]
- 5 Episode 5 Patient picture?
- 6 Episode 6 Implementation funding?
- 7 Episode 7 iptables and other useful port commands
- 8 Episode 8 Power outage restart
- 9 Episode 9 Initial hospital configuration terminal session
- 10 Episode 10 Psychiatry specific DSM Axis II-V diagnosis, precaution ordering
- 11 Episode 11 VistA configuration Utility, KIDS Patch Install
- 12 Episode 12 How do you create a new patient?
- 13 Episode 24 Changing Intro Message
- 14 Episode 52 Death of a Patient.
- 15 Episode 53 User Roles and Permissions Management.
- 16 Episode 54 Discharge Summaries.
- 17 Episode 55 Consult Service.
- 18 Episode 56 Same Access Code Disentangling..
- 19 Episode 57 Appropriate keys for a social worker id?
- 20 Episode 58 Printed Labels?
- 21 Episode 59 Linking a Template with a Title
- 22 Episode 60 Example of setting Institution file Station Number
- 23 Episode 61 Bringing CPRS, TMG-CPRS back onto the screen when it is off screen
- 24 Episode 62 Hardware Price/Performance as of 6/29/2010
- 25 Episode 63 Non-provider and their assistant co-signing?
- 26 Episode 64 Setting user Electronic Signature Code through Text Based Interface.
- 27 Episode 65 Template title ascending sort
- 28 Episode 66 Windows 7 TMG-CPRS formatted text printer truncation problem/solution.
- 29 Episode 67 Taskman Job Limit Exceeded
- 30 Episode 68 Provider appear on Primary Provider Selection Box?
- 31 Episode 69 Aftercare Interdisciplinary note editing and signing?
- 32 Episode 70 Listing Installed KIDS builds or patches.
- 33 Episode 71 Deleting the WorldVistA drug file.
- 34 Episode 72 Taskman Cleanup.
- 35 Episode 73 More Taskman Cleanup.
- 36 Episode 74 Medication Ordering Keys.
- 37 Episode 75 List of unsigned notes by provider.
- 38 Episode 76 Set CPRS Timeout Value.
- 39 Episode 77 Add/Change Patient Data Object.
- 40 Episode 78 ePrescribing(eRX) Certification with NewCrop
- 41 Episode 79 Report Creation for the CPRS Reports Tab
- 42 Episode 80 Purge or Clear Access Verify Code History
[[Episode4| Episode 4 Billing/Management Keane Records integration/population]]
==Episode 15 Non-proprietary signature consenting of patients== Non-proprietary signature consenting of patients.
==Episode 16 KIDs VA DHCP style login How to== VA DHCP style login HowTo How to
==Episode 17 KIDs Patch Install Best Practice.== KIDs Patch Install Best Practice.
==Episode 18 Adding Locations to Hospital Location File Using Fileman.== Adding Locations to Hospital Location File Using Fileman.
==Episode 19 Adding Locations to Hospital Location File Using Fileman.== Adding Locations to Hospital Location File Using Fileman.
==Episode 20 Location for Current Activities Dialog Box== Location for Current Activities Dialog Box
==Episode 21 Little graphics in templates?== Little graphics in templates?
==Episode 22 How to allow editing of Template Fields.== How to allow editing of Template Fields.
==Episode 23 AIMS Examination template?== AIMS Examination template?
==Episode 25 Demystifying Templating, Document Classes and Titles for Dummies.== Demystifying Templating, Document Classes and Titles for Dummies.
==Episode 26 Scheduling patients for a Clinic== Scheduling patients for a Clinic
==Episode 28 Easy template importing and exporting== Easy template importing and exporting
==Episode 29 Adding Appointment Schedule Menu to Clerk ID.== Adding Appointment Schedule Menu to Clerk ID.
==Episode 30 Change Access/Verify code text to UserID/Password?== Change Access/Verify code text to UserID/Password?
==Episode 31 'Cowboy' System Backup== 'Cowboy' System Backup ==Episode 32 Merge Records?== Merge Records? ==Episode 33 The Whole Enchilada Admissions Workflow== The Whole Enchilada Admissions Workflow ==Episode 34 Entering Insurance Information?== Entering Insurance Information?
==Episode 35 CPRS options, Number of Days, Default Date?== CPRS options, Number of Days, Default Date?
==Episode 36 Patient movement and tracking?== Patient movement and tracking? ==Episode 37 Maximum number of users already signed on to this processor == Maximum number of users already signed on to this processor
==Episode 38 Hospital Electronic Signature Policy?== Hospital Electronic Signature Policy?
==Episode 39 Patient lab reports connection== Patient lab reports connection ==Episode 40 Kevin Toppenberg's GUI_Config easy(er) install package.== Kevin Toppenberg's GUI_Config easy(er) install package.
==Episode 42 Is there such a thing as: Introduction to programming vista with mumps?== Is there such a thing as: Introduction to programming vista with mumps? ==Episode 43 Pharmacy.== Pharmacy. ==Episode 44 Editable CPRS handout for clinicians.== Editable CPRS handout for clinicians. ==Episode 45 Page number printout revisited.== Page number printout revisited.
==Episode 46 A (Very) brief Programming VistA with MUMPS page numbering example== A (Very) brief Programming VistA with MUMPS page numbering example
==Episode 47 Slow text login problem and a resolution== Slow text login problem and a resolution. ==Episode 48 Updating software on a production system?== Updating software on a production system? ==Episode 49 Destination unreachable (Host administratively prohibited)== Destination unreachable (Host administratively prohibited)
==Episode 50 KIDs Patch Creation?== KIDs Patch Creation? ==Episode 51 Extreme training/development tip with screen/cloud/Astronaut.)== Extreme training/development tip with screen/cloud/Astronaut.